Officers Selection – Entry Schemes Women
Induction of Women in Officer Cadre
In 1992, an important landmark in the history of Indian Army was the induction of women into the officer cadre, and the onerous task of training them was undertaken by the Officers Training Academy. So far, more than 1200 Lady officers have already been commissioned into the various Arms and Services of the Indian Army. You should be graduate to apply.
Revised Terms and Conditions of Service of SSCOs (Men and Women both Technical and Non-Technical)
Prominent features of the revised policy are :
Extension of Tenure
- Tenure of Short Service Commission. Short Service Commission (SSC), in the Regular Army will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years, extendable by four years.
- Duration of Training 49 weeks.
Substantive Promotion: SSCOs will be eligible for substantive promotion.
- To the rank of Capt – on completion of two years reckonable commissioned service.
- To the rank of Maj – on completion of six years reckonable commissioned service.
- To the rank of Lt Col – on completion of 13 years reckonable commissioned service.